We all know that it is possible to peel a potato with a paring knife.
Many people are using it everyday and do not own nor use a potato peeler.
Today we ask 2 real questions:
Which One is Faster?
How much we waste by using a paring knife?
Introduction to the test:
We wanted to know how much potatoes was wasted by using a regular knife and if it was quicker or slower than a potato peeler.
The way we did it:
- We make 2 packs of 4 potatoes, we choose those to be same weight so we know there is as much potatoes in one stack and the other.
- We weight the 2 stacks of potatoes and note the results.
- We started the timer and peeled.
Using a Knife is Longer and waste 30% MORE!
- It took nearly double time with a regular knife. This might have happen because we aren’t used to peel with a knife. I guess someone really used to it could do it in similar time.
- We were meticulous to not remove useless potatoes and still, the knife waste 30% more potato! In fact, a potato peeler can save you time and cash. I know potatoes aren’t that expensive, but saving 30% potatoes your whole life can end up in a real savings.